Re: [Xen-users] Using XEN to install Windows XP as guest on CentOS 5 as host ?

2010/2/6 Hadi Motamedi <motamedi24@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> #virt-manager &
> But when continuing to create the virtual machine , under Installation
> Method menu , I cannot select 'local install media (cdrom)' and just the
> Network install tree is highlighted . So I tried to reach the desired one ,
> by issuing as the followings :

Windows under Xen needs to run as HVM guest, which needs special CPU
support (Intel VT/AMD-V). You need to select "full virtualization"
(HVM), which offers install from CDROM. If it's not available, then
most likely your CPU doesn't support it, or disabled by BIOS.

> #virt-install --paravirt --name WindowsXP --ram 128 --file /vm --location
> /mnt/cdrom

--paravirt creates PV guest, not HVM guest.

--
Fajar