RE: [Xen-users] install xen on fedora ?

Try running ‘service xend status’ and see if the daemon is running. If not, you need to start it with ‘service xend start’ and try again. I believe libvirt uses Xen’s API, which is disabled by default in some distributions (look at /etc/xend/xend-config.sxp to enable it; it’s well-commented so you’ll be able to figure it out fairly easily). Just so you know, we had a lot of problems installing Xen on Fedora (F11, x86_64) and have since moved to CentOS, which seems to be the best distribution in terms of stability and Xen.

Hope this helps,

Luke.

From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Grah
Sent: 08 February 2010 19:05
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] install xen on fedora ?

I did install Xen on Fedora 10 ,
it seems that xen is not fully installed,
When running xen I receive a message error:

Unable to open connection to hypervisor URI 'xen:///':
<class 'libvirt.libvirtError'> unable to connect to 'localhost:8000': Connection refused
None

But when going on GUI, I can see the virtrual manager but
can not use it.
click on menu bring no reactions?

Can someone help?
Thanks ,