Re: [Xen-users] suse 11.2 domU on lvm: anyone succeded?

Chris Epicier said the following:

I don't know anything about opensuse or your install
method, but based on the error message your first check
should be whether the volume group VGsys exists.

For sure it does, I have dom0 partition on it. I want to be able to increase / decrease partitions at will as they might grow, thus the lvm approach. This *worked* in 11.1.

After
you have confirmed it exists you'll want to check why it
isn't accessible.  If it doesn't exist you'll need to
fix your domU configurations and/or restore the VGsys volume
group.

I can mount each volume dedicated to each domU from dom0. So I consider this to be enough proof.

Sounds like proof to me.

This may also help: http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq#head-baa7000e8fc28fd168650114dd2741b7f21da8fa

I draw from this link, I should build a new kernel without scsi support. I did this before, but I was hoping to get it solved by standard, suse stock packages.

Hmmm, this would be a weird requirement, but if it worked for you before it might be necessary.  As I say, I have no SuSE experience.

Before recompiling your kernel I would try using hdX instead of sdX in your domU.cfg to see if that works.

If I succeed this way, I will want to post the success to the list. Would you agree?

Yes, it is alwasy best to continue a conversation on the list (you'll see I've CCed the list in my reply) because others are bound to have similar questions / problems and posting back to the list makes it easier for them.  And yes, when you find your solution please post it to the list as part of this thread.

- Ben