[Xen-users] Mount disk in read/write mode in multiple guests concurrently

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fischer, Anna" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:55:30 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 08:56:38 -0800

Hi,

I need to be able to mount a disk in read/write mode to more than a single
guest domain concurrently. However, I cannot start the guest domain as I get
the error saying "Device is already mounted in another guest domain." This
feature should be supported in Xen as it is required, for example, in order to
run certain distributed file systems. Is there any way I can get around this
limitation?

Thanks,
Anna