Re: [Xen-users] LVM snapshots to provide HA iSCSI storage

I've done this with md mirroring instead of lvm but I haven't gotten to the live migration part. You create and manage the md on dom0 and give that to the domU via phy: mappings.

        Do you have any documentation of this? I could be interested. I am
trying to do it with lvm volumes and dmsetup, but I am getting problems
when the iscsi connection fails.

Not really. It's a standard scsi disk, so you create a VG, put the disk in it, create an LV, and then use mdadm to create the mirror with your local disk. When iSCSI fails, it should fail the same way a SCSI disk would fail if you pulled the cable out of it. My targets are all ietd, so I just turned the service off to test.

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer