Re: [Xen-users] Dom U bandwidth monitoring - pmacct, bandwidthd?

On Fri, February 12, 2010 4:11 pm, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Matthew Law <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> I would prefer to do this at the egress point rather than run some kind
>> of
>> accounting process on each dom0.
>
> Why? Will you be doing lots of domU moving?
> The simplest method would be to give each domU a persistent vif name
> and read their stats from /proc/net/dev

I don't currently do live migration or frequent moving of domUs but may
well need to cope with it in the future.  I can't force anything to run on
the domUs, so I think I have to do it either at the dom0 or at the egress
point(s), no?

My line of thought was that If I do it at the egress point I have at most
two points to account for, and gather the graph data from, then I can
create the graphs centrally and serve them up via a control panel web app.

Thanks,

Matt.