[Xen-users] Bridge Setup problem in domU!

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jan Muhammad <janmuhd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:37:56 +0000 (GMT)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:39:11 -0800

Hello All,

I'm a fairly new Xen user. I have my laptop that is currently running the following:

dom0 ---- Debian 5.4 Linux with xen-3.2.1 and xen-kernel-2.6.26-2-686

dom0 is configured with a static IP (assigned by sys admin).

domU ---- DebianOS 5.4

domU config file: ----------------- kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6-xen" ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-2.6-xen.img" memory = 128

I also set up the config file correctly in (/etc/xen/xend-conf.sxp) by uncommenting the lines for network-script network-bridge & vif-script vif-bridge. Also had commented out network-script network-dummy line

Either I disable or enable DHCP option in config file still the error message is same (as follow).

Although both dom0 and domU boot okay, except for a problem with bridge problem. The network bridge is never setup when the server is rebooted. I have to shutdown domU, and then run

./network-bridge stop

./network-bridge start

in the /etc/xen/scripts directory. When I do this, the instead the bridge gets setup, I get the aobve error message along with:

Restarting Xen control daemon: xenifdown: interface peth0 not configured

Error: either "dev" is duplicate, or "eth0" is a garbage.

ifdown: interface peth0 not configured

RTNETLINK answers: Device or resource busy

I wonder what step I have missed and has any one setup xen with Static IP address and has solved the domU bridge issue?

Thanks in advance for help!

Cheers,

-Jan Muhammad