RE: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] DomU as Dom0?

Javier Guerra wrote:

>> It is just a name difference. It is actually recursivable as if the
>> CPU is power enough.
>
> not if (as in this case) you use different requirements for each
> virtualization level.  the 'real' level needs HVM support to set an
> HVM DomU, where you can run Xen, but this level doesn't have HVM, so
> you can only put PV DomU's there.

You can distinguish in this way.  The term "nested" actually comes from KVM
side by Alexander Graf, though I don't know why he chooses nested rather than
recursive.

What the Xen summit talked and we were approaching is exactly recursive
virtualization.

> The KVM on KVM experiments are closer to being fully recursive.

Yes.

Eddie