[Xen-users] adjust memory allocation

I'm reading this documentation because I need to adjust my virtual memory on
each domU

http://blogs.sun.com/rscott/entry/changing_a_domain_s_memory

I am following the steps which is being said on the documentation above but
having errors using it:

# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0  6775     8     r-----   2198.5
vm1                                          1   256     1     -b----      3.0

#xm mem-set vm1 1024

Error: memory_dynamic_max must be less than or equal to memory_static_max
Usage: xm mem-set <Domain> <Mem>

Set the current memory usage for a domain.

Pls help.

Oliver