Re: [Xen-users] XCP and vswitch

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Angel L. Mateo" <amateo@xxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 10:37:02 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 01:37:25 -0800

On 16/02/10 22:39, Dave Scott wrote:
Try openvswitch.org

:)

To add more colour: XCP uses the vswitch for all guest traffic by default,
rather than the vanilla linux bridging code. This means that you should be able
to use any vswitch/OpenFlow-capable tool on an XCP host.

But then, what is the configuration under Network and Management Interface -> vSwitch of the xsconsole?

As far as I know (just a little bit) vSwitch (at least, vmware v1000 and vswitch says it is like v1000) is to create a virtual switch, shared by all of the virtualization servers, not just a replacement of vanilla bridge (where each virtualization servers has its own and independent bridge). Do I have to configure any for this in xcp? How? (I haven't found any mention to vswitch in xcp documentation)

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática