Re: [Xen-users] VT-d not working

Hi,

At 21:48 19.02.2010, you wrote:
Any particular reason you need VT-d?

I'd like to pass a pci-device to a winXP-domU. AFAIK VT-d is necessary for that.

Which hardware are you going to pass-through to your VM's?

I did have a lot of IRQ-problems passing a Fritz!Card PCI for vbox3 and isdnlog to a domU running xen-sources-2.6.31-r10. Downgrading to 2.6.18-r12 I finally got it working with fcpci yesterday.

VT-d is only needed if you're doing directed IO to VM's.

If I cant't get the pci-card to work with the winXP-domU I'll try the USB-Version of that card. If I understood that correctly, USB passthrough should work without VT-d.

Thanks for your answer,
Christian

--
Markt-Apotheke Christian Holpert e.K., Mömbris
  http://www.marktapotheke.org - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg, HR.A, Registernummer 2165