Re: [Xen-users] nOOb to convert vmware guest to xen??

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Brian" <brian@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:04:31 -0600 (CST)
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:06:47 -0800

I got into the original VMWare guest and found sda1 as / and sda5 as swap,
changed the disk lines in the .cfg, or did I not understand correctly as I
haven't read this anywhere?

Am I supposed to create a "blank" xen disk and dd the converted vmware
file to the blank??????

Some official docs would sure be nice if htere's more than the few lines
in the wiki.

This is about a deal-breaker ;~(

> Brian,
>
> I guess you may be missing a step of  renaming the device.
> Check if your /etc/fstab and rename sda or sdb etc to hda etc as the case
> may be in xen vm config file.
>
> Thanks
> Ramachandran
>
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Brian <brian@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Yep, read that one too ;~)>
>>
>> This is a debian vm.
>>
>> The new disk.img shows to be raw.
>>
>> Not sure where to go from here, thought it would just work.
>>

>> > check this
>> > http://ian.blenke.com/vmware/vmdk/xen/hvm/qemu/vmware_to_xen_hvm.html

>> > --
>> > This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> > dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>> > believed to be clean.
>> >

>> --
>> believed to be clean.

> --