Re: [Xen-users] System-wide profiler & Vulnerability Scanner for Xen VMs!

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Jan Muhammad <janmuhd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a debian-based setup of 2 domUs and I'm interested for any supported
> tool to give me the domUs profiles, I came accros "Xenprof"
> http://xenoprof.sourceforge.net/#download

Are you familiar with profiling?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performance_analysis

> I wonder would it help me to know  exactly what software currently installed
> on domU what patches insatlled recently and bit info of hardware such as free
> memory, disk space etc.

Short answer:no.
Those info you seek can easily be obtained using properly-configured
net-snmp (on Linux systems anyway) running on domUs. Nothing
xen-specific about it.

> I'm also looking through for 'dconf', don't know that would serve the purpose
> or not?

No.

> Secondly, I'm interested to look through configuring Tenable Network Security
> tool 'Nessus Vulnerability scanner'; does any one know how to configure it on
> domUs? For example to know what domUs have what vulnerability and needs
> patching etc..

configure it like you'd do on a physical, non-xen machine.

--
Fajar