Re: [Xen-users] hard w/r problem

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Alaa eldin <sirash23@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
> i have machine with 2 domU every one have big database and many query's ..

that's not a good candidate for virtualization

> i'm using 1 hdd SATA II 7200 ..

... especially when you have only one disk. Chances are it maxed out
around 150 iops.

> when any one of 2 gustes make high VBD_WR
> the other work very slow !!

that's how it is when you're I/O bound.

> can i limit hard w/r for every gust or i make every domU work in sprat hard
> drive ?

No native xen functionality for that (yet), but you can try
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/ioband/

Note that since all your domUs need lots of disk I/O, limiting I/O
will not solve the problem.
you need more drives and spread the I/O load.

--
Fajar