[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3, AMD and PCI passthrough

Hello all,

I'm running Xen on a HP DL385G6 machine. I use Centos 5.4 on the dom0, which comes with the seemingly old 3.0.3 (accoring to rpm) version of xen.(Although another thread just said: RHEL5 has Xen hypervisor version 3.1.2 + tools version 3.0.3.)

The machine runs a pair of AMD Istanbuls (Six-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2431). I have an Ininiband card on the machine which I would like to pass on to a domU. When I try to attach the pci device to the domu, I get the following output though..

xm pci-attach jade 0000:48:00.0
Error: failed to assign device: maybe the platform doesn't support VT-d, or VT-d isn't enabled properly?
Usage: xm pci-attach <Domain> <domain:bus:slot.func> [virtual slot]

Insert a new pass-through pci device.

If I have understood correctly, this new AMDs should support it though. The virtualization option has been enabled in the BIOS.

Looking at xm dmesg, however, I get the following

(XEN) HVM: SVM enabled
(XEN) HVM: Hardware Assisted Paging detected and enabled.
(XEN) I/O virtualisation disabled

I have tried adding "amd_enable_iommu=1" to grub, but it doesn't seem to help. Is the version of xen too old to support this? If so, how big of a task is it to upgrade xen, and which version would be required? Sticking with the stock version would be nice from the security update point of view.

Thanks,
Kalle Happonen