Re: [Xen-users] Problems creating second PVm using another bridge

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:37:01PM +0100, Martin Gomba?? wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've successfully set up one PV virtual machine.
> Now i wanted to create another one, still use bridging option, but use a
> different bridge.
>
> So i changed:
> vif = [ 'mac=00:16:XX:2a:30:fa, bridge=xenbr1' ]
> to:
> vif = [ 'mac=00:16:X1:2a:30:fa, bridge=xenbr0' ]
>
> xenbr0 is nonexistent and i expect Xen to create it when creating PVm,
> because I don't remember creating xenbr1 bridge when i created my first
> machine and it's working.
>
> xm create Tetrahedron.cfg -c
> Using config file "./Tetrahedron.cfg".
> Error: Device 0 (vif) could not be connected. Could not find bridge
> device xenbr0
>
> Shouldn't Xen create that bridge for me?

Check /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp, especially the "network-script" line.

The default "network-bridge" script creates only 1 bridge, usually xenbr0.
You can make it use your custom script, that does whatever.
Note that network-script is executed boot time (when xend is started).

You can also completely disable network-script and set up the bridges
using the networking setup/scripts provided by your dom0 distribution.

-- Pasi