[Xen-users] xen pci device assignement

Hello everyone, I have problems with a PCI card and a PV guest.
Basically I should assign the PCI card to the para-virtualized domU without using VT-d. The host machine mounts CentOS 5.4 x86_64 (kernel vmlinuz-2.6.18-164.el5xen).
After following this comprehensive guide:
http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/linux-lotus-domino/centos-5-and-pciback-aka-hiding-pci-card-from-xen-dom0/
the host machine will not start.

I've practically rebuilt the initrd with the parameter preload = pciback, but unfortunately does not work.
There is an official guide?

Tankyou to all.