[Xen-users] XenFS & Shared RO filesystems

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Steven Wilcoxon <swilcoxon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:31:50 -0600

I'm looking into having the same filesystem mounted RO on 8+ DomU's on a single server and I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to maximize performance. This includes how to improve read caching in the Dom0 while also trying to reduce accesses between Dom0 & DomU.

XenFS looked interesting, but is it still an active project? There doesn't seem to be much activity, the last update on the website was in 2007.

What are the recommended ways to do something like this? I've even been considering using squashfs since the file will be very static, just to improve the caching.

S.W.
Xen newb