Re: [Xen-users] Xen and it's future with linux?

13.03.2010 15:51, Pasi Kärkkäinen:
> On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 02:23:14PM +0100, Markus Schönhaber wrote:
>> 13.03.2010 12:34, Pasi Kärkkäinen:
>>
>>> Afaik Ubuntu does support running as Xen PV domU (they enable Xen pvops
>>> domU support)
>>> in their normal kernels nowadays, just like Fedora does.
>>
>> Just a heads up: on 32-bit Ubuntu Karmic, the linux-image-virtual
>> package pulls in a kernel which isn't usable as Xen DomU kernel. A very
>> unpleasant surprise awaits someone who is using this package and
>> upgrades a DomU from Jaunty to Karmic.
>
> iirc the kernel-package containing xen domU support was called something
> else..
> does someone remember what that was? -generic? -server? -ec2?

The actual kernel binary that gets installed when using
linux-image-virtual on 32-bit Karmic is -generic-pae.
Up to Jaunty it was -server.
AFAICT the 32-bit -generic kernels never had DomU support compiled in,
while the -server kernels did.
OTOH, the 64-bit Karmic -generic kernel comes with DomU support enabled.

To me, it seems that Ubuntu doesn't really care about Xen.

--
Regards
  mks