Re: [Xen-users] XCP storage repository using VHD on top of the LVM (FC shared too) instead of the NFS.

"Why they just don't mount a big (1T) local logical volume and
> make the necessary files (storage repo and the VHDs) on the locally
> mounted file system, instead of the remote NFS?"

Because for the cloud to work and allow migration of virtual machines between cloud hosts, all hosts have to be able to access the same storage. You can put the storage on a local drive, you'll just restrict that VM to running on that host only.

Kind of wrecks the idea of the cloud.

Vern Burke

SwiftWater Telecom
http://www.swiftwatertel.com