RE: [Xen-users] Very Strange network problem

  • To: "chris" <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Tobin" <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 15:31:38 -0000
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:32:47 -0700

Hi,

Yes using bridged networking.  Strangely if i ping another host on the same
network (pinging router doesn't work) from the dom0 console and leave it
pinging the network stays up even after rebooting domUs.

As soon as i stop the ping and reboot the DomU the network stays off but the
domU has network.  If I reboot the dom0 and reboot a domu say 5 times its fine,
anymore and it starts to drop until i start the ping or reboot the dom0.

Its very odd, did you find a permanent fix? Obviously i can leave the ping
running but its certainly not a solution.

Thanks

Ian