[Xen-users] Where to find an easy to follow documentation for Installing Xen on Fedora Core 11!

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Jan Muhammad <janmuhd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 09:20:14 +0000 (GMT)
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 02:21:52 -0700

Hi All,

Its my 4th week now trying to install/configure Xen on Fedora Core 11 on a 64 bit machine. 2 times I followed this link (http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/setup-fedora-11-pv-domu-at-xen-3-4-1-dom0-kernel-2-6-30-rc6-tip-on-top-of-fedora-11/) but no success as of yet; I had to reinstall whole FC from scratch... :(

When I reach almost at the last step to add the Grub entries..... this point is painful; as editing grub entries into /etc/fstab and then in /etc/inittab by chaning run-level (initdefaults) from 5 to 3; my system simply crashes and I even can't boot normal FC kernel. and I get the following errors when system reboots:

"Error 15: File not found-- press any key to continue" & "Error 13:Invalid or unsupported executable format".
Being a novice user to Xen and not that much system-techi user; struggling with Grub entries, run-levels and initdefaults.
I wonder is there any short and easy to follow documentation for configuing Xen on Fedora Core 11 like the one I got for Debian (http://www.howtoforge.com/virtualization-with-xen-on-debian-lenny-amd64); very easy to follow and without any errors.

Thanks in advance for help!

-Jan Muhammad