Re: [Xen-users] Where to start.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> New to Xen.
> Confused about the base architecture.
> http://tx.downloads.xensource.com/downloads/docs/user/#SECTION01140000000000000000
> implies that xen runs closest to the hardware.
> ÂGuessing, my 'normal' host OS (Fedora12) then runs as a guest?

yes, Dom0 is a VM.  usually not called a 'guest', though

> Not what I want

why not?

> My goal is Fedora as the host,

Dom0 is sometimes called the 'host' on Xen systems.  In fact, a lot of
people run Xen for a long time before realizing that the Dom0 is ran
by Xen and not the other way around.

> Âthen to create a 'domain' in which to run Windows.

no problem, as long as you have a modern enough processor (almost
anything produced for some years now)

--
Javier