Re: [Xen-users] Creating multiple bridges

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Andrew Kilham <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I vaguely knew that you needed to create a wrapper script to automatically
> set up multiple bridges on boot, so I did some Googling and came up with
> this file:
>
>> dir=$(dirname "$0")
>> "$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=peth0 bridge=eth0
>> "$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1 bridge=beth1

The default network bridge script has changed over versions of Xen, so
that syntax might not work. A snippet from
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge from xen 3.4.2:

# network-bridge (start|stop|status) {VAR=VAL}*
#
# Vars:
#
# bridge     The bridge to use (default ${netdev}).
# netdev     The interface to add to the bridge (default gateway device).
# antispoof  Whether to use iptables to prevent spoofing (default no).

so when using 3.4.2 the syntax is probably
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" netdev=eth0 bridge=eth0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" netdev=eth1 bridge=eth1

Adjust it as necessary, using the file of your current version of the file.
Note that I haven't tested it, because IMHO once you use some complex
configuration it's much easier and managable to simply use OS config
scripts.

>> [root@mars ~]# brctl show
>> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
>
> The public IP assigned to dom0 works, but none of the IP's assigned to the
> domU works.

because there's no bridge. You might be able to find out "why" by
looking at error messages on xend.log

> So, how do I have a bridge named beth1 with the physical interface eth1
> assigned to it, in addition to the default bridge eth0/peth0 created when I
> boot the server?

You can try experimenting with the wrapper script, maybe others can
help you get it work.
Or you can simply comment out the entry from xend-config.sxp, and use
OS config scripts: /eyc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* on
RHEL/centos.

--
Fajar