Re: [Xen-users] Re-occuring error trying to set up first DOM

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 4:20 AM, Tom Potwin <wxman2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 server that I've been testing out using LVM based
> xen virtual servers. The install went as it should, then I made my first
> test image using:
> xen-create-image --hostname=test1.test.com --lvm=vg0 --size=10Gb --swap=1Gb
> --ip=192.168.31.231 --force --memory=50Mb --arch=amd64 --debootstrap
>
> After it finishes I use xm create to start the virtual machine but I keep
> getting:
> Error: (38, 'Function not implemented')
>
> I even tried uninstalling, then reinstalling xen but that didn't help. Has
> anyone seen this before, or know how to take care of it?

I'm guessing you use Ubuntu's bundled version of Xen?
There were some problems reported on this list when using Ubuntu's
version. Try building from source downloaded from
http://www.xen.org/products/xen_source.html

If you don't know how to build from source, then the easiest way to
gen xen working is to use a Linux distro which has good xen version
bundled and supported, and widely used. Centos or opensuse (with
latest updates) should be a good choice.

--
Fajar