RE: [Xen-users] rebased openSUSE Xen dom0 Patches

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:37:35 +0100 <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've uploaded updated 2.6.31 and 2.6.32 rebased openSUSE Xen dom0
> patches and ebuilds to
> http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list

Do you happen to have a working xenified kernel .config file (relatively generic in terms of device drivers) available for use with the 2.6.32 rebased openSUSE Xen dom0 patches?

I will been using Boris Derzhavets's 2.6.31 kernel config for 2.6.31 xen patches v14 found at:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-02/gzuHuto6dKxD.gz

from:
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-02/msg00683.html

However notice the static kernel command line option in the referenced 2.6.31 kernel configuration.

[snip]

CONFIG_CMDLINE_BOOL=y
CONFIG_CMDLINE="root=/dev/sdb8 ro console=tty0"

[/snip]

These options should be changed to reflect *your* system. Or properly configure the boot loader to pass the command line options.

See this link for a working GRUB2 + Xen example:http://old.nabble.com/Strange-interaction-from-grub2-and-XEN-td26464067.html

Thanks.

> Notable change is that both include the online resize feature recently
> posted to xen-devel.
>
> Andy

-M

Hotmail & Messenger. Get them on your phone now.