Re: [Xen-users] XCP, Xen Cloud Control System 0.1 released

  • To: Vern Burke <vburke@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 04:19:32 -0700
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 04:29:11 -0700

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Vern Burke <vburke@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greetings all:
ÂI'm officially releasing the first beta of my Xen Cloud Control System package! This is a web server based control and operations system for Xen Cloud Platform that will work with any device with a browser (I run my cloud from my BlackBerry :) ).
ÂThe package can be downloaded from http://www.swiftwatertel.com/PACKAGES/xcc-0.1-040610.tar.gz . This is an early beta so it's not polished, but it is functional (it's in daily use on my cloud here). In the next couple of days I'll also have a site up for it at www.xencloudcontrol.com .
 Next on the release bandwagon will be the VM watchdog, the cloud host watchdog, and then the cloud load balancer.

Vern

How does this differ from OpenXenCenter? I was hoping that we could avoid with XCP what we've done with Xen in that we have a million different gui interfaces to Xen and none of them are really THAT good. If we pool our resources we could have one or two really great fully featured guis for XCP.

Grant McWilliams