Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4 VGA Passthrough - Keyboard/Mouse?

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 11:49:01AM -0600, Nick Couchman wrote:
> I've just installed Xen 4 and am working to get VGA passthrough configured.
> I seem to have that piece successfully configured, but, unfortunately, have
> no keyboard and mouse support in my new VM.  If I try USB pass-through, I get
> the following error message in the qemu-dm-<domain>.log file:
>
> husb: open device 7.2
> husb: config #1 need -1
> husb: 1 interfaces claimed for configuration 1
> husb: grabbed usb device 7.2
> usb_linux_update_endp_table: Broken pipe
> Warning: could not add USB device host:0488:00df

Was the USB device in use in dom0?

Does this wiki page help?:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenUSBPassthrough

> Yes, I have verified that usbfs is mounted on /proc/bus/usb - this is not the
> issue.  I decided to try forwarding through the entire USB controller using
> PCI.  The challenge here is that there are about 7 different PCI devices that
> make up the USB controller (integrated into the motherboard).  I added all of
> these devices to the pciback.hide option at boot time, then tried to forward
> them through to the HVM domU, but for some reason this does not work - the
> devices are never reported under "pci-list-assignable-devices" as assignable,
> and when I try to start the VM, I get errors about pciback not owning the PCI
> devices.

Which dom0 kernel are you using?

Did you read this:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPCIpassthrough

Especially the fact that pvops dom0 kernel has xen-pciback and not just
pciback..

I assume you also read this?:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenVGAPassthrough

-- Pasi