Re: [Xen-users] Xen image not present in /boot

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: MadhuRanjan M <maadhuuranjan.m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 01:10:29 +0530
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 12:42:31 -0700

Hi Fajar/All,
I tried using Boris's tutorials. It seemed really good . Everything seemed to work fine till I booted up . It got stuck at the following snapshot. I am doing this on  Jaunty which is on a VM of Vmware (due to lack of resources) .  This worked fine on hardy heron but i seem to be having a lot of problems getting it up here. Please let me know what mistake  I might be doing . I can't think of anything as there were no errors as well during the complete process till the time it got stuck here.

thanks,
Madhu M

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 8:47 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:19 AM, MadhuRanjan M
<maadhuuranjan.m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to setup dom0 on Jaunty. I downloaded ubuntu-xen-server and
> other required required items and was able to compile the kernel
> successfully. But when I looked at /boot later, there was absolutely no xen
> image.  According to all posts I have seen so far , we expect either a
> xen-3.3.gz or xen-3.4.gz. Without this value ,I am dumbfounded as to what I
> should provide for the kernel parameter in the menu.lst . The kernel code is
> present under /usr/src like in other cases and using that I have compiled
> and it has generated the vmlinuz and the initrd files successfully. It would
> be great if you can point out my mistake here.

Try installing xen-hypervisor-3.3, which should contain the hypervisor.
I don't think it you'll get a working xen environment just like that
though, as you'd still be missing dom0 kernel. I'd suggest you follo
Boris' tutorials instead : http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/

--
Fajar