RE: [Xen-users] Does XCP support network boot/diskless dom0?

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 10:40:34AM +0100, Dave Scott wrote:
> >
> > > Nice project! is it available already from somewhere?
> >
> > I think the necessary host-installer and filesystem changes will end
> up in the next XCP snapshot build -- is that right, Alex?
> >

> Ok. Any ideas when the next XCP release is coming out?

Since most of the recent XCP updates have been bugfixes I was going to propose
creating explicit 'unstable' vs 'stable' branches. The 'unstable' branch could
then be refreshed more often (eg automatically after a build passes a certain
number of regression tests). What do you think?

> > > Another question: Have you thought about making XCP totally
> stateless?
> > > ie. make XCP run from PXE-booted ramdisk root? And have all the
> > > state/configuration
> > > on some management server/node..
> > >
> > > This is how VirtualIron (using Xen) used to work..
> >
> > That's certainly an interesting idea.
> > One of the problems we have atm is that we don't have a good list
> > of all the files in dom0 which contain bits of state.
> >

> This would be really nice and cool GSOC project for someone..
> should we add it to the wiki page?

Sounds good to me...

Cheers,
Dave