Re: [Xen-users] Vif rate limiting

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:08 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Olivier B. <xen.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see some docs about rate limiting VIF by adding "rate=" in vif parameters.
>
> For example : vif = ['mac=02:00:00:00:06:82,ip=187.32.65.86,rate=128KB/s']
>
> But it doesn't work.

How do you determine that it doesn't work?
Last time I check the rate limit is only one way (upload or download,
forgot which one).

Usually it's download; the server limiting the number of bytes sent. The other way is more complicated I think, probably involving a queue.

I'm also interested in using this functionality so please let us know what you find. Thanks!

Trygve