Re: [Xen-users] 2 DomU and 2 4-cores CPU

The question you ask is a multidimensional optimization of a function that has discontinuities and depends on both the nature of workloads and the specifics of the CPUs.

What specific  CPUs are you referring to?
Basic rule:
1. Dedicate a single core to dom0
(a core meaning real core not a hyperthread path that looks like a core to an OS).
2. Limit dom0 to 512mb or less memory

That's it.

Anything else is likely talk and theorizing that is simply wasting air. Far better to deploy your rotliafs and start testing. I'll be amazed if configuration of the credit scheduler has a substantive impact at this point.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone