Re: [Xen-users] to access 4 Virtual Hosts from a public IP

  • To: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 01:53:57 -0700
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 02:00:34 -0700

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:09 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed Debian and Xen and 4 Virtual Hosts are up which can
be accessed via doing and SSH to Dom0.
I Âhave a few questions.
1) I do not want to do an SSH to Dom0 always directly want to access
DomU's how to go for that?
2) Want to have 4 websites running on these 4 virtual hosts but they
should be accessible on a public IP which Dom0 has so how should I go
for it?

Completely depends on your internernal network setup. If you have all of your vifs on the default bridge
then they'll have addresses on the same range as your Dom0 and the public IPs will have to be routed through to the
internal private IPs the same way the Dom0 is.

However, if you've managed to put all the vifs on their own bridge (different than the one that Dom0's peth0 is on) then you need to set up iptables to route between the outside interface and the inside interface.

Grant McWilliams