Re: [Xen-users] how to access 4 application servers web based

Le lundi 12 avril 2010 Ã 18:04 +0200, Niels Dettenbach a Ãcrit :
> On Monday 12 April 2010 17:54:36 jpp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > If you want four webservers on a single public IP you should use a
> > load-balancer  such as "haproxy" (perhaps in a dedicated domU) which will
> > "balance" the different sites on the four servers
>
> (sorry, i've not read the full thread)
>
> If you are not rely on a "granular" balancing and a single IP (means you need
> "balancing" on the same hostname - not a IP) you may use different IPs as
> aliases for the same webserver and DNS (more then one IN A record per
> hostname).
>
> Otherwise you might use several private IPs "behind" a iptables / lvm.

My text was not enough precise, I thought that the 4 servers are serving
4 different domains or at least 4 distinct sites, so haproxy could
redirect work to the "right" server. So the web servers does not need
any public IP, only the haproxy server needs to use the private IP.

Regards

JPP