Re: [Xen-users] Completely in despair - Xen and Windows domU

Check /var/log/xen/ and see if there are any log files relating to the domU
you're trying to start that would help to figure out what it's behaving this
way.  Also, please check "xm log" and "xm dmesg" output to see if those areas
indicate any problems.

Second, try leaving out the "ip=" in the vif configuration.  I'm pretty sure
setting the IP address in the domU configuration does not work for HVM domUs -
this only works for PV domUs, since the driver is actually aware of the fact
that it's running on Xen.

Also, what Xen version, and what Linux distribution are you running?

-Nick

>>> On 2010/04/13 at 11:25, Anton Trapp <tmp008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am using xen some years now and it just runs without any problems. But now
> one customer needs a stupid WinXP domU and I am trying to get this running
> for about two weeks...
>
> I am using  2.6.26-2-xen-amd64 kernel, set up a dummy network
>
> auto dummy0
> allow-hotplog dummy0
> iface dummy0 inet static
>   address 10.0.0.1
>   netmask 255.255.255.0
>   broadcast 10.0.0.255
>
> xend-config:
> (network-script 'network-bridge netdev=dummy0')
> (vif-script vif-bridge)
>
> every Linux domU runs fine.
>
> Without this configuration lines:
>
> #vnc=1
> #vnclisten="0.0.0.0"
> #vncpasswd='asd55gugu'
> # vif = [ 'type=ioemu, ip=10.0.0.2, mac=00:16:3e:01:01:01, bridge=dummy0' ]
>
> windows runs to. If I enable VNC or the network, I get the state ------ and 0
> CPU
> usage. It just does NOTHING AT ALL. No warning. No error.
>
> The really funny part is that the networking and VNC actually worked during
> installation. After that I shut down windoof, created two debian domUs (with
> xen-tools) and started - tried to start - windows again. No way.
>
> PLEASE!!!! Anybody any ideas??? I am really desperate! I can't afford much
> money at the moment, but I am willing to pay as much as I can now and more
> later...
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Anton

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.