[Xen-users] Moving a network back end to a domU

Hello All,

I have had some success running a domU (HVM, and PV) w/VT-d supported networking, and would like to investigate whether it is possible to use the VT-d domU to host the xen network back end. I think this type of domU is called an Isolated Driver Domain. The literature suggests this is possible, but I cannot find a suitable 'how-to', or any anecdotes that document an appropriate setup/config process. Does anyone know of any references, or have any suggestions?

My goals are to isolate network drivers, and disaggregate dom0. In this idealized scenario, all network traffic would flow directly to the "Isolated Driver Domain" domU, which would provide the back end interfaces used by a set of HVM's.

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Scott Kuehn