Re: [Xen-users] Xen3.3 / Xen3.4 CPU soft lockups under pvops 2.6.31/2.6.32

Yann,

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:33 , Yann Cezard wrote:

> After searching a lot, I thought that my CPU softlock problems (which
> sometimes
> make my VMs freezing) was perhaps related to the xen clocksource, so I
> decided
> to give a try to this :
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/Xen#A.27clocksource.2BAC8-0.3ATimewentbackwards.27

Giving that a shot now. Sounds plausibly related, also with regards to my
seeing timing-related wackiness inside the domUs where this happens.

> I also read in xen-devel that you are using FC LUNs for storage, I also
> use that,
> perhaps you will want to have a look at the "Interrupt handling in Xen"
> message
> that was post on this list yesterday, by defaults my domain-0 was doing
> all its
> interrupts (network and HBA) on the same CPU, which is probably some kind
> of bottleneck under heavy load.

CentOS5 installs irqbalance by default.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Kind regards,