Re: [Xen-users] Xen cloud

On Thu, April 15, 2010 9:35 am, dky hax wrote:
> Hello guys,
> i will try xen cloud on gentoo. Is it possibile?

No.  The Xen Cloud Platform is a specific, customised distribution based
on CentOS.  It is not a general purpose linux distro like gentoo and
trying to make it into one would be missing the point of it.  It turns
your hardware into an appliance solely for use as a cloud host.

You could run the monitoring and control from a gentoo box if you wished.
I use Ubuntu Server LTS for that and I am currently testing XCP on a
couple of old boxes with very good results so far.

Good luck,

Matt.