Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 - No console prompt after booting domU but functional SSH

  • To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Christian Gonzalez <zulsolar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:43:46 -0300
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:45:32 -0700

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 5:27 AM, Antoine Benkemoun <antoine.benkemoun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Perfect it worked when I applied both of your suggestions !

Thank you very much for you quick answer !

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Adi Kriegisch <kriegisch@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have tried adding the following line to the domU configuration file which
> used to work fine in Xen 3.2 but with no success :
>
> extra    = 'xencons=tty1, clocksource=jiffies'
extra    = 'console=hvc0 xencons=tty'
works for me.

-- Adi

Hi guys,

I tried with all your recommendations but didn't work. I have no prompt access to the dumU. I successfully installed Xen 4.0 on Slackware64, make world and make installed worked like a charm. I usually use images from stacklet.com for domU's but always 32bit. I wanted to give Slack64 a try as domU so downloaded it. First I tried as it comes but not able to access console. It gave me this error:

INIT: Id "xvc0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

I have a Debian Etch running Xen 3.0.2 and I usually have that error but whenever I press Enter, it gave me prompt.

So I found this threaded and replaced every ttyS* with hvc0 in /etc/inittab as well as /etc/securetty. I also added
extra    = 'console=hvc0 xencons=tty'
to domU's config with almost same result but now I have this output:

INIT: Id "c2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "c1" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "c3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "c4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "c5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "c6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: Id "xvc0" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

I did not try to access it using ssh as I wanted to access console first.

Any help on this will be much appreciated

Thanks and regards.

Christian