Re: [Xen-users] building kernel w/rebased suse patches via make-kpkg

I have created a rough hack to get around this problem as detailed in note [2] here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60125&page=9

On 05/01/2010 09:32 PM, listmail wrote:
If anyone has information on this please let me know. I've ran across various old posts regarding this issue, but I have not been able to determine what needs to be done.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Xen-devel] building kernel w/rebased suse patches via make-kpkg
Date:   Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:23:27 -0400
From:   listmail <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Xen Devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I have applied the patches in xen-patches-2.6.32-1.tar.bz2 @
http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list  to 2.6.32.11
kernel sources.  I have *no* problem building and installing w/ the
regular make install method.

The problem is that with debian's make-kpkg, it errors at the very end
regarding System.map and bzImage being missing.  To my knowledge xen
doesn't use the bzImage anyway.  I did not capture the errors on my end,
but the errors in this old link sum up the symptoms ->
http://www.mailinglistarchive.com/html/xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/2006-09/msg00263.html

My question is, what do I need to do to get make-kpkg to work on this
kernel tree?  A git clone of pvops linux-2.6-xen sources have no problem
building via make-kpkg, so maybe there are a set changes from there that
I need?