Re: [Xen-users] I need help before I install Xen on Debian Sarge?

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Advice Pro <Webprenuer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm aware that Sarge is old, but I want to install OpenSSI on Xen.
> http://openssi.org/cgi-bin/view?page=download.html says that 1.2 is the
> stable release and works with Debian Sarge which I chose because Xen is
> based on Debian.

Who said "Xen is based on Debian."?

In general, xen (when running as dom0 or PV guest) needs special
kernel support. Some applications (possibly openssi as well) also
requires some modification to the kernel. Getting those two to play
along nicely might be hard, if not impossible. Especially since
openssi (from their website) looks ancient and unmaintained.

If you only want to try openssi, you might have better luck having a
well-supported dom0 (like RHEL/Centos or Opensuse), and run sarge with
openssi as HVM domUs. If you want to have some kind of cluster on
dom0, try a newer, well-supported cluster system, like Redhat cluster.

--
Fajar