RE: [Xen-users] Rebased patch set xen-patches-2.6.32-1.tar.bz2

> Thu, 6 May 2010 15:35:21 -0400 <listmail@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Boris: Thanks for posting your .config. It can be very useful to diff
> against :)
>
> Mike: I was using the config linked here
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-02/msg00683.html
> posted by Boris actually and remember having to disable
> CONFIG_CMDLINE="root=/dev/sdb8 ro console=tty0" as pointed out here
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-04/msg00098.html
> posted by you :)

I am glad it helped!

> I always do make oldconfig (address any new values) and then make
> menuconfig. I am not so familiar as what to enable for the rebased
> patch kernel versus pvops, however I generally prefer using a generic
> kernel so I can deploy it wherever I want. For pvops I've been starting
> with Thiago's config posted here
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2010-03/msg00878.html
> which work great for both dom0 and domU, passthrough included.

Thanks for the tip. As far as Xenlinux kernel configs go, I am still hoping to try and compare Boris's 2.6.32 config against SLES 11 SP1 when it comes out.

As for pvops, I also found Pasi's config to work nicely too, after all debug option were turned off.

And as a side note for XEN 3.4.3 and pvops users, it seems like there is some compatibility issues there.

http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=Sixth+%28and+final%3F%29#query:Sixth%20%28and%20final%3F%29+page:1+mid:ddoj5dhvzxyn5rrm+state:results

> Boris Derzhavets wrote:
> > I always run "make menuconfig" myself for about several years already
> > for xenified
> > and pvops kernel also. The last one for xenified 2.6.32.10 is attached.

Thats probably because your a XEN professional by now. I have been running XEN for ~3 months now.
Really thanks for the config and for the wordpresses :)

> > Several times i addressed questions to Jeremy and Konrad ( regarding
> > pvops kernel)

The names mentioned above contribute a great deal, and I believe should also be recognized for all their efforts!

-M

Win a $10,000 shopping spree from Hotmail! Enter now Enter now