RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV version to use

  • To: "Xen User-List" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Russ Purinton" <rpurinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 13:58:21 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 07 May 2010 10:56:16 -0700

On a semi-related topic, are there any versions of it that include a sound driver?  Even a dummy driver?  I don’t really even need to get it to interface with a physical card in the system, and in citrix deployments its no big deal, but when using Microsoft Remote Desktop/Terminal services, The server requires a “functioning” sound card driver installed to make RDP audio work.   Since I can’t get a single driver or even a dummy driver of some sorts to work, I am held up in deploying more virtualization because I can’t move my terminal services users over to the Xen system until I can make sound work for them!  I’ll cross my fingers there’s a GPLPV developer on the list here.

Please don’t let me detract from Alain’s original question though, I’m also curious to it’s answer as I am also a windows on xen user.

Russ Purinton
Director of Network Operations

Office

207.591.6900