From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jorge Armando Medina
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 4:28 PM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] GPLPV version to use

Russ Purinton wrote:

> On a semi-related topic, are there any versions of it that include a
> sound driver?  Even a dummy driver?  I don't really even need to get
> it to interface with a physical card in the system, and in citrix
> deployments its no big deal, but when using Microsoft Remote
> Desktop/Terminal services, The server requires a "functioning" sound
> card driver installed to make RDP audio work.   Since I can't get a
> single driver or even a dummy driver of some sorts to work, I am held
> up in deploying more virtualization because I can't move my terminal
> services users over to the Xen system until I can make sound work for
> them!  I'll cross my fingers there's a GPLPV developer on the list here.

Plase dont mix you questions, send a new mail.

I have some win2003 servers running on xen 3.2 with GPLPV drivers, my
customers connect to it using ms remote desktop without problem, in fact
they select the option to disable sound, I dont think that is a
requirement, check your client config.

> Please don't let me detract from Alain's original question though, I'm
> also curious to it's answer as I am also a windows on xen user.

> **Russ Purinton**
> Director of Network Operations
>
> Office
>

> 207.591.6900
>
> Direct:
>

> 207.591.6908
>
> Fax:
>

> 207.591.6919
>
> rpurinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:rpurinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> www.voipnettechnologies.com <http://www.voipnettechnologies.com/>

Jorge Armando Medina
Computación Gráfica de México
Web: http://www.e-compugraf.com
Tel: 55 51 40 72, Ext: 124
Email: jmedina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG Key: 1024D/28E40632 2007-07-26
GPG Fingerprint: 59E2 0C7C F128 B550 B3A6  D3AF C574 8422 28E4 0632