Re: [Xen-users] HDD benchmarking

Hi Andrew,

did you use LVM to provide diskspace to the DomUs, oder file-based-images?
With iostat (mostly included in package named sysstat) you can monitor the IOs and IO utilisation for each block device and partition. If you need a benchmark to simulate random IOs, i can suggest you the tool sysbench (http://sysbench.sourceforge.net/).

Best Regards

Michael Schmidt