Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] xen/stable-2.6.32.x compilation failure in do_hvm_suspend()

Le 2010-05-14 15:15, Pasi Kärkkäinen a écrit :
So it seems I have more stuff as modules.. while Pierre has them statically
built-in.
I guess that's causing the problem? Or did I overlook something?

Yes I did not take a chance and I compiled all statically to have no initrd problem. You also have XEN_DEBUG_FS, but it should not hurt.

If I remember well, the error is:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `do_hvm_suspend':
/mnt/tmp/linux-2.6-xen/drivers/xen/manage.c:124: undefined reference  to
`xenbus_suspend'
/mnt/tmp/linux-2.6-xen/drivers/xen/manage.c:138: undefined reference  to
`xenbus_resume'

These 2 functions are in drivers/xen/xenbus/xenbus_probe_frontend.c, and you have :

CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=m

On my side, I have:

CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND=y

I think this could explain. There is a maybe a dependency problem in CONFIG_*:

- the code here (where the compilation fails) is for CONFIG_PM_SLEEP: have a look at the code in drivers/xen/manage.c, the section is in a "#ifdef CONFIG_PM_SLEEP" section.

- So if CONFIG_PM_SLEEP is set, CONFIG_XEN_XENBUS_FRONTEND should be compiled statically, and should not be set as a module in config kernel (make menuconfig bug ?)

Am I wrong ? Maybe ! I am not a kernel hacker !

Pierre