Re: [Xen-users] Problem adding entry to grub on ubuntu

after modifying /etc/grub.d/40_custom run `update-grub` which repopulates /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Krist van Besien wrote:
Hello,

System is unbuntu 10.4 LTS, running on a single proc 4 core XEON.
I compiled and installed XEN 4.0.0 following the recipes found here:

http://virtually-a-machine.blogspot.com/2009/12/experimental-xen-and-ubuntu-part-1.html
http://virtually-a-machine.blogspot.com/2009/12/experimental-xen-and-ubuntu-part-2.html
(using a xen 4.0.0 tarball though).

Now this site instructs me to add an entry to /etc/grub.d/ so that it
gets included in grub.conf when I run update-grub

The exact example given on the site above didn't work, so I googled a
bit in order to find out how I was supposed to do this. I settled on
adding a 40_custom file to /etc/grub.d, with the following content:

#!/bin/sh
exec tail -n +3 $0
# This file provides an easy way to add custom menu entries.  Simply type the
# menu entries you want to add after this comment.  Be careful not to change
# the 'exec tail' line above.
menuentry 'Xen 4 Ubuntu 2.6.31.6-xen1'{
    insmod raid
    insmod mdraid
    insmod ext2
    set root='(md0)'
    multiboot (md0)/xen-4.0.0.gz dummy=dummy dom0_mem=1024M
    module (md0)/vmlinuz-2.6.31.13xen-kvb-1 dummy=dummy
root=/dev/mapper/thunersee_root-root ro
    module (md0)/initrd.img-2.6.31.13xen-kvb-1
}

My problem is that this does get added to grub.conf, but does not
appear in the boot menu. When I add a copy of an existing entry to
40_config it does get added as a boot option, so it must be something
with the content/syntax of my menuentry. However I have no idea. The
grub site doesn't even mention what the correct syntax for menuentry
is.
Does anybody have an idea what is wrong? What I should change so that
I can actually boot xen?

Thanks in advance,

Krist