[Xen-users] Python Error During Xen Start (Xend)

The following error message is received when I try to start Xen (xend):

debhost:/home/andy# xend

ERROR Internal error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No such file or directory)

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/sbin/xend", line 36, in <module>

    from xen.xend.server import SrvDaemon

  File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/xend/server/SrvDaemon.py", line 26, in <module>

  File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/xend/server/relocate.py", line 28, in <module>

  File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomain.py", line 36, in <module>

  File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/xend/XendCheckpoint.py", line 20, in <module>

  File "usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/xend/image.py", line 46, in <module>

xen.lowlevel.xc.Error: (1, 'Internal error', 'Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface (2 = No such file or directory)')

I opened the image.py file to investigate the line errors indicated in the above error message. The lines below were extracted from the image.py file. I have bookended all of the transactions that should be imported from the python module "xen.lowlevel.xc". The final entry below is line 46, the line that the above error shows that the xen.lowlevel.xc module does not exist.

import xen.lowlevel.xc

from xen.xend.XendConstants import *

from xen.xend.XendError import VmError, XendError, HVMRequired

from xen.xend.XendLogging import log

from xen.xend.XendOptions import instance as xenopts

from xen.xend.xenstore.xstransact import xstransact

from xen.xend.xenstore.xswatch import xswatch

from xen.xend import arch

from xen.xend import XendOptions

from xen.util import oshelp

from xen.util import utils

from xen.xend import osdep

xc = xen.lowlevel.xc.xc()

I can only conclude that some process in the "make world" or "make install" routines did not create the xen.lowlevel.xc module in the image.py file. Need some suggestions and advice how to get passed this dilemma. This error is not allowing Xen to load at all.

Thanks,

Dave H