Re: [Xen-users] a demo website to learn xen on wiki (an idea that can be tried)

Tapas,
First, you can take a look at SuSE Studio (http://www.susestudio.com) which
allows you to build SuSE-based appliances and then "Test Drive" them.  They
probably are running the test drive feature in Xen VMs, so it's hard to say how
much of a feel you'd be able to get for actually hosting domUs via this system,
but it's worth a shot.

If that's not what you're looking for, you'd have to find someone who's willing
to host such a configuration (or write an emulator that would mimic such a
configuration).  Citrix might be willing to consider it, but they'd be more
likely to do it for XenServer than for the open source version of Xen.  One of
the main issues is that you'd essentially have to provide physical machines for
this purpose, as I don't think Xen includes the ability to run inside itself
(maybe version 4 does - can't remember).

-Nick

>>> On 2010/05/28 at 12:12, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not very old member of this list but I keep browsing the threads.
> t\Today while browsing the threads in mailing list got an idea I see
> many of the questions sound similar to some thing which can be called
> as clarity of terms.
> I mean to say some one who may be coming to Xen wiki for the first
> time may find many terms  confusing to them.
> Say for example a web hosting control panel many such websites have a
> demo login for their products.
>
> How about if Xen wiki also has a demo login ( I know a live CD is there)
> so that some one can log in and get through to the console on and get
> him self aware of certain basic things about Xen quickly
> and also probably running instances of Certain other VMs on it.

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.