Re: [Xen-users] VT-x not found..

On 31/05/10 19:11, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I upgraded my CentOS 5.5 to Xen 3.4.2 using this guide:
http://www.syntaxtechnology.com/2010/01/upgrade-xen-3-0-on-centos-5-4-x86_64-to-xen-3-4-2/

Now, using the new kernel that it gave me, the system doesn't seem to be able to detect vt-x..

In virt-manager, Local Install Media and Network Boot are greyed out..

Any ideas?

Thanks

Doe your CPU acrtually support vt-x?

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532

Yes it does. It worked fine with the orignal version of Xen that came with CentOS 5.5. It's a brand new server opened today from Dell which support Vt-x and Vt-d. Virtualisation technology is enabled in the BIOS